Monday 28 October 2013

One week to November Break

I sometimes forget how beautiful this place is
We now have four more days of school before November break starts and we have a week off. I'm very lucky to live close to the college - relatively, of course - and have the opportunity to go home for the week. Many people don't have the chance or don't want to, but will instead be staying at the college, something which I considered. As of now, I just have to make it through a history presentation and a maths test, then I can relax... I can do it!

The last week has been both very busy and very empty. Busy in terms of school work, but otherwise I haven't really had the time to do much. It's strange, because I think some of the things I did do would be incredible right at the beginning of the year but now they seem so normal. Discussing Disney movies with a Vietnamese, listen to amazing Hungarian musicians and play a Croatian song with people from all around the world. It's crazy that I've been at this place for so long that it feels like normal, everyday life, rather than something special and astounding. Then at times I realize how lucky I am to be here, how many extraordinary things I get to experience and how many people I get to meet.

So much has changed, and I will never be the same
All the people that I've met I never thought I'd find 
So let them begin
The memories
-UWC song by Leticia, Jasmine and I

No comments:

Post a Comment